Gone were the days when a sale made me really excited. It has a lot to do with time. Most of the time I would have to zoom in and out a store. My son will just not have it. When I do shop, I am shopping for another person because it is my job.
Contrary to what many would believe, I don’t have a large wardrobe of clothing. It’s no longer about having quantity but quality.
So here are some tips for shopping smart:
- Take a picture. When you see yourself in the mirror you can see how you feel. When you look at your picture you can see how you really look.
- Don’t buy anything hoping you will fit into it next time.
- Dress for your body shape. You are unique and there’s only just one you. Just because it looks great on a mannequin (an hourglass body shape) it doesn’t mean it will look great on you. Mannequins were made to “sell clothes”.
- Choose suitable colours. It is best to get an Image Consultant to do a colour analysis for you.
- Once you have bought something that needs to be altered, send it off for alteration right away.
- Reflect on your lifestyle and needs to build a capsule wardrobe.